Coronavirus (COVID-19) – ClearVC Statement 16th March 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak spreads throughout the UK and the rest of the world, ClearVC are monitoring communications from the UK Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO.)
We have tested our Business Continuity Plan in context of the outbreak, and we are pleased to announce we are ready to continue to do business with key preventative and reactive decisions based on information available in the following areas
All staff have been instructed to adhere to best practices for minimising the transmission of infectious diseases in the workplace, including but not limited to:
- Conducting all meetings using video and audio calling where possible – that is what we do after all!
- Avoid handshakes and stay at least 1m away from others
- Avoid high density public transport
- A complete ban on travel to known high risk areas
As a business ClearVC are location independent, with key tools to support remote working are used across the business as standard. Those that do not regularly work from home, are undertaking test days to ensure readiness.
Cloud Services should see no issues in relationship to Covid-19 as these are hosted in Datacentre locations around the globe and will be maintained with throughout any quarantine, disinfection or restricted travel scenarios.
Faulty hardware replacement services that are in an assured state from a vendor could be impacted in a Force Majeure scenario.
Our installation services are wholly dependent on our supply chain, their continuity plans and the ability for our engineers to travel without restriction as required.
Our preventative measures include
- Maintaining strict cleaning protocols on company vehicles and tools
- Restrict engineering resource movements in our offices to prevent transmission
- Restrict engineering resource on customer premises as required
- All goods delivered direct to customer site where possible
- Kerbside deliveries where applicable
ClearVC’s Management Team will continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis to assess risk level and ensure appropriate measures are in place.
Clearly this is an evolving situation and we will do all we can to support our current and any new customers.
If you need access to a cloud videoconferencing service, you can access the free trial here: